Cloud security encompasses safeguarding data, applications, and infrastructures in cloud computing. There is a greater need for certified security professionals today, and to fill this void, Microsoft offers Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies.
The AZ-500 exam is one of the most sought-after role-based Azure certification programs. After clearing this exam, one can successfully earn the Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate certification.
Azure training aids one in learning efficient ways to implement secure infrastructure solutions in the Azure platform, which further prepares one comprehensively for the AZ-500 exam. It is an associate-level exam that tests candidates for cutting-edge security knowledge and experience working with several aspects of Microsoft Azure.
Overview of the Microsoft Azure AZ-500 Exam
- The Microsoft Azure AZ-500 exam is for professionals who want to delve deep into the security domain and demonstrate their knowledge in deploying, installing, administering, and managing Microsoft Azure software.
- This test primarily assesses your ability to perform technical activities in the employment function. It certifies candidates in security controls implementation, security posture maintenance, identity and access management, data protection, applications, and networks.
- The exam is based on a Microsoft Security Engineer’s job description. It, however, is not a catwalk; it assesses your ability and capabilities, and you must achieve a 70% grade on the final exam. There will be 40-60 questions to answer in total, with a time limit of 150-210 minutes.
Exam Outline for Microsoft Azure AZ-500
Exam topics covered in the Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (AZ-500) exam, are as follows:
1.Manage identity and access (30-35%)
- Manage Azure Active Directory identities
- Authentication (PTA), OAuth, and passwordless
- Configure secure access by using Azure AD
- Manage application access
- Manage access control
2.Implement platform protection (15-20%)
- Implement advanced network security
- Configure advanced security for compute
3.Manage security operations (25-30%)
- Monitoring security by using Azure Monitor
- Monitor security by utilizing Azure Security Center
- Monitor security by using Azure Sentinel
4.Securing data and applications (25-30%)
- Learning to configure security policies to manage data
- Configuring security for data infrastructure
- Ability to configure encryption for data at rest
- Configuring application security
- Configure and manage Key Vault
Tips to crack the AZ-500 exam
By putting in rigorous hard work and relying on the best materials, one can easily sail through the exam.
1.AZ-500 Microsoft Learning Platform
- The official Microsoft site is your holy grail and the first place to go when seeking trustworthy resources.
- It is where you will find all exam-related information. You will also get access to genuine and reliable resources that will help you in your preparation journey.
- The information on this page is of immense help and can answer most of your questions about any exam area.
- As a result, you must return to this page regularly to stay informed about the exam.
2. AZ-500 Training with an Instructor
- Microsoft instructor-led training is a course in which you train yourself under the supervision of a professional. It is easily obtainable and highly adaptable.
- It may be accessible from anywhere, and you have the freedom to study at your speed which is helpful.
- These virtual classes can be scheduled at your convenience. If you take the instructor-led Azure course, it will be easier for you to pick up technical skills and conceptual knowledge.
3. Practice Exams for the AZ-500
- After completion, one must consolidate their knowledge and put it to the test with several practice tests.
- It is the final and the most crucial step in your AZ-500 preparation.
- One must take multiple practice steps to evaluate their speed and accuracy tactfully. It helps one understand their weak points and vital core areas.
4. Reference books to prepare for AZ-500 exams
- For those who are more comfortable absorbing concepts through reading, books can be helpful.
- For Microsoft Azure AZ-500 preparation, you can try out the following books Peter De Tender’s Azure Governance and Security and Yuri Diogenes’ Microsoft Azure Security Infrastructure.
To conclude, security has become an essential component of any cloud service. Organizations face increasing security concerns such as unauthorized data exposure and leaks, lax access controls, vulnerability to attacks, and availability disruptions that affect traditional IT and cloud systems.
Gaining the AZ-500 certification can open a pandora’s box to many career possibilities. It is a perfect stepping stone to a lucrative career in the security sector.