LIVE FREE World Surfing Games Huntington Beach 2022 LIVE FREE SURFING TV COVARAGE ON TODAY
Competition (Open Men & Open Women)
Finals Day (Open Men & Open Women)
International Surfing Association (ISA) World Surfing Games
September 16 – 24, 2022
The ISA’s premier event, presented by Visit Huntington Beach, returns to Surf City USA® for the first time since 2006. As a significant innovation to the Olympic Surfing Qualification System, the winning men’s and women’s National Teams at these World Surfing Games will be allocated one Olympic slot each for their respective country/National Olympic Committee (NOC).
Huntington Beach has played a historic role for the sport of surfing, having hosted top-tier global events. The 2022 ISA World Surfing Games will be the seventh major ISA event held in Surf City USA after the city hosted three editions of the Games in 1984, 1996, and 2006, as well as the ISA World Juniors in 2005, 2018, and 2019.
– 2022 & 2024 The winning teams by gender, will qualify 1 place for their respective country. The NOC will nominate the surfer to participate following the conclusion of the Qualification System.
– 2023 Highest-ranking eligible man and woman per continent from Africa, Asia, Europe and Oceania (Total of 4 men and 4 women)
– 2024 Highest-ranking 5 eligible men and 7 eligible women
2023 PANAMERICAN GAMES
– Highest-ranking eligible man and woman in the surfing competitions will qualify a continental slot for the Americas.
– One man and one woman will be guaranteed a place for the host nation of France. If an athlete(s) from France already qualified, the slot(s) will be reallocated to the next highest ranking eligible surfer(s) from the 2024 ISA WSG.