Newer cannabis consumers don’t have the same knowledge about the plant and its derivatives as people who grew up in the pre-legalization era. Before it became an acceptable topic for dinner conversations, most people didn’t know that hemp or marijuana was even a variety of the plant called cannabis. They certainly wouldn’t have been able to tell you about cannabidiol (or CBD) or how much of that cannabinoid is found in various types of cannabis. CBD has become a very popular topic in recent years, which has led to many misconceptions about this exciting natural supplement. But what is CBD oil? How does it work? What are some benefits of using CBD oil?
How Does CBD Oil Work?
CBD is a compound that comes from hemp and cannabis plants. The CBD molecule is made up of carbon (C) and hydrogen (H) atoms. It also contains oxygen (O) atoms. CBD has two main ways of interacting with your body: – Through the bloodstream: CBD is a lipid-soluble molecule, which means it can dissolve in fat. Once it is in your bloodstream, it can travel to your organs and tissues, including your brain. You may have heard of THC, which is another cannabinoid that also travels to your brain. But while THC can cause a lot of unwanted effects, CBD is not psychoactive. In other words, it doesn’t make you feel “high.” – Directly with cells and receptors: CBD interacts with various receptors and cell types in your body. It also influences gene expression by modulating the release and uptake of certain neurotransmitters.
5 Fascinating Facts About CBD Oil
– CBD is one of the most popular natural supplements around. It is made from the industrial hemp plant, which has more cannabinoids than the marijuana plant.
– CBD oil has been around for thousands of years. It has been used as a natural remedy for anxiety, pain, and more. – The hemp plant has more CBD than the marijuana plant, but both plants have cannabinoids. Hemp oil is made from the seeds of the plant, which are naturally abundant in cannabinoids.
– CBD oil works in many ways. It can be used to treat a wide range of conditions, including anxiety, insomnia, and joint pain.
– CBD oil is also helpful for people with diabetes. It can lower blood sugar levels and help regulate insulin.
– Although CBD oil is becoming increasingly popular, you should be careful when using it. It can interact with other medications, and it’s important to follow dosage instructions carefully.
2 Disadvantages of CBD Oil
– CBD is not regulated by the FDA: In the United States, CBD is not regulated at all by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In other words, there is no quality control when it comes to CBD. There is also no standardized amount of CBD in each product.
– CBD may interact with medications: CBD may interact with medications and reduce their effectiveness. This is especially true for people taking drugs for diabetes, high blood pressure, and mood disorders. Always talk to your doctor before using CBD as a natural remedy.